Monday, May 01, 2017

Response To http://sidpblog.blogspot.com/p/sidpmain.html comment: Dean Esmay June 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM

To me, Google seems to suggest that "Sola scriptura (Latin: by Scripture alone) is a Christian theological doctrine which holds that the Christian Scriptures are the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice". My perspective seems to be that the Bible seems to constitute the most useful guide to the human experience that I have encountered. To me, discussion with apparent advocates of other texts seems to confirm this perspective. However, to me, the Bible seems to suggest that God is the sole authority regarding every aspect of reality, including, at the level of individuals, every aspect of the God/human relationship. To me, the Bible seems at least primarily intended to offer a reasonable primer regarding the God/human relationship via depiction of the God/Israel relationship. To me, Genesis 22:18 seems reasonably interpreted as supportive of that perspective.

To me, the modern/traditional, progressive/conservative issue does not seem to constitute the primary issue, which to me seems Biblically-suggested to simply be "God as primary relationship and sovereign authority" as the key to optimal human experience.