Monday, May 01, 2017

Response To https://twitter.com/godsven3loquist/status/738147780753915906

Less religious or believe less in God? In either case, such a trend seems reasonable: those considering science the key to optimal human experience might seem more drawn to it. Those considering God as primary relationship and sovereign authority might be more drawn to other pursuits.

In addition, I seem to have been amazed that the presented perspective seems not to have occurred to many, if any. I seem to have heard my presentation likened somewhat to St. Augustine's apparent "prime mover" presentation, but I don't seem to recall anyone, including St. Augustine, having presented that apparently simple reasoning. Nonetheless, I seem to have made the presentation to the apparently science-minded and -pedigreed; some seem to agree outright, some seem to not perceive a reasoning flaw, but prefer to withhold opinion, and the remainder seems to offer unsubstantiated assertion, ad hominem, and obfuscation. To me this might indicate that the obvious might on occasion elude the intellectually pedigreed. On the other hand, perhaps demonstration of a presentation reasoning flaw might be just around the corner.

Toward that end, I welcome your thoughts.